Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture and High Sierra

Hi there,

I just updated to new iMac 27 and High Sierra. And Aperture 3.6 worked great until today. When I started my computer Aperture just didn't open. A message says: You cannot open Aperture because it is being upgraded right now.

I have tried to relaunch from App Store without result. In AppStore there is also a button that says Update

Nothing happens when I push the button.

Thanks for any advice.

bo K

10 Dec. 2107

iMac 27 (2017) High Sierra

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 1:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:19 AM

A message says: You cannot open Aperture because it is being upgraded right now.

Did you perhaps just install the recent iTunes update, when this alert appeared? Aperture and iPhoto will give this weird message, whenever an iTunes update is installed, because some iTunes installed frameworks are used by iPhoto and Aperture.

There has not been an Aperture update for more than two years, more#s the pity.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:19 AM in response to Solberga

A message says: You cannot open Aperture because it is being upgraded right now.

Did you perhaps just install the recent iTunes update, when this alert appeared? Aperture and iPhoto will give this weird message, whenever an iTunes update is installed, because some iTunes installed frameworks are used by iPhoto and Aperture.

There has not been an Aperture update for more than two years, more#s the pity.

Dec 11, 2017 11:41 AM in response to Solberga

It may have been a coincidence. I have seen the error message you have posted more than once, if the AppStore has been installing updates, that change parts of the system, like updating iTunes. It might have sufficed, simply to restart your Mac.

But the High Sierra upgrade fixed at least one bug in Aperture. Previously the thumbnails in Aperture's list view have been upside down, and now the are correct again. High Sierra is better compatible with Aperture than Sierra has been.

Aperture and High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.