Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enter 2fa code on 2nd gen?

Recently my Apple TV 2nd generation has started causing a 2fa challenge to be generated on my primary device (an Iphone) - and while I can allow the device to be validated and a code to be generated the prompt on my apple tv is just for username and password and there is no place to enter the generated code.

So what can I do? it means I can longer rent content on the ATV - and what about anything that I have purchased?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:03 PM

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 3:03 PM in response to macta

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

What if I use two-factor authentication on a device running older software?

If you use two-factor authentication with devices running older OS versions, you might be asked to add your six-digit verification code to the end of your password when signing in. Get your verification codefrom a trusted device running iOS 9 and later or OS X El Capitan and later, or have it sent to your trusted phone number. Then type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field.

Dec 10, 2017 2:58 PM in response to macta

apple support doc:

Who can turn on two-factor authentication?

Two-factor authentication is available to iCloud users with at least one device that's using iOS 9 or OS X El Capitan or later. Here are the minimum recommended system requirements for all devices that you use with your Apple ID:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that uses a passcode, with iOS 9 and later
  • Mac with OS X El Capitan and iTunes 12.3 and later
  • Apple Watch with watchOS 2 and later
  • Apple TV (4th generation) with tvOS
  • Windows PC with iCloud for Windows 5 and iTunes 12.3.3 and later

How to enter 2fa code on 2nd gen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.