Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot find my apps in itunes anymore. I have 2 Apple devices and want to check the apps to sync but there is no more "app" choice in itunes anymore. What do I do? Thanks!!

I cannot find my apps in itunes anymore. I have 2 Apple devices and want to check the apps to sync but there is no more "app" choice in itunes anymore. What do I do? Thanks!!

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:35 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2017 2:44 PM in response to Ellen12

Correct. Apple removed the ability to Manage apps from iTunes 12.7.

Its expected you now manage and install Apps directly on the iOS device.

Even though there is no Apps section in iTunes anymore, you can continue to Sync Apps through iTunes by opening the Mobile Applications folder inside the iTunes Media folder in Windows Explorer and drag any App you want onto the device in iTunes.

Otherwise, if you must retain that ability, you can uninstall 12.7, and install 12.6.3 instead. 12.6.3 is geared towards businesses that must retain the App management features in itunes, but can be used by users as well.

Details for iTunes 12.6.3

Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support

With that said, I would not rely on these 2 alternatives to have continued support. Better to start managing apps directly on the devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.