Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone won’t accept new SIM card goes to iTunes icon and stops

iPhone 6plus from straight talk changing to Verizon get message to enter my Apple ID but doesn’t activate

I removed phone from find iPhone reset phone entered my Apple ID all my stuff transferred from I cloud but won’t activate service stops at iTunes icon in middle of screen

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:31 PM

Have you had this phone on Straight Talk and are simply switching to Verizon or is this a phone you purchased used and are trying to activate with your Apple ID for the first time?

If you had it previously on Straight Talk has it been unlocked and did the Verizon IMEI checker indicate it would work?

Have the steps below been followed?

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 3:31 PM in response to Sannvetter

Have you had this phone on Straight Talk and are simply switching to Verizon or is this a phone you purchased used and are trying to activate with your Apple ID for the first time?

If you had it previously on Straight Talk has it been unlocked and did the Verizon IMEI checker indicate it would work?

Have the steps below been followed?

How to unlock your iPhone for use with a different carrier - Apple Support

Dec 11, 2017 4:21 PM in response to Sannvetter

You need to call Straight Talk Wireless, ask if you IMEI is locked with them. If you purchased your Phone through them, you are required to have at least 12 months before you can unlock the phone. The same thing is happening with Simple Mobile, TracFone, Net10, etc. They sell unactivated phones off the shelf, these phone IMEI are clean and show now carrier lock until you put a SIM from a different carrier. Then you get an Activation Lock, even if the Carrier on the phone says otherwise. I found out the hard way going through a replacement phone from Apple. The original IMEI gets chained (locked) to the replacement phone, until the Carrier releases it. The sad part is many of these phones were sold below the average retail price, and some unscrupulous sellers are selling them as unlocked and clean. When they are not. They will not appear on blacklists, because blacklisted phones are usually stolen.

Phone won’t accept new SIM card goes to iTunes icon and stops

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.