Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is full path in find window?

When finding a file from the finder window I used to be able to see the full path information at the bottom of the Finder window, but now it just shows the filename. If I navigate to a folder manually (not by using find), it shows the full path. Selecting Get Info of any file in the find window also fails to show the full path. There also used to be an "open containing folder" option from the right-click menu in the find window. That is also missing. I am trying delete a file in a specific parent directory, but it's no longer possible.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS Sierra (10.12.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:35 PM

9 replies

Dec 10, 2017 3:02 PM in response to Barney-15E

That's a good idea. I rebuilt the index on that drive and am getting the same results. What is interesting is that I cannot open any of the files that the Finder finds. It tells me that the alias cannot be opened because the original cannot be found. This problem does not appear to happen when searching the local drive. It only happens when searching a SMB share.

Dec 10, 2017 3:27 PM in response to czechpistol

I don't know other than that SMB, Samba, is not the native file sharing of Macs. Apple decided to use it because it worked better with non-Apple servers and computers. But I have no idea how good the implementation is. So you may be right in assuming it is the result of using SMB. Do you see the same thing when just searching results from your own local drive as in my image?

Where is full path in find window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.