Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer didnt finish updating and now keeps restarting

My laptop updates automatically. It started updating but I had to pack it to go home. So I closed it. When I opened it it said it was updating. After an hour of saying it had 44 minutes left, I shut it down. When I cut it back on, it’s now in this loop of logging in and restarting. What do I do?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:01 AM

Mistake 1: Never interrupt an update!

Then reboot your MBP with the option key and boot out of the drive Mac OS 10.13.2 update (select your regular Mac Drive), restart your computer normally, go back to App Store updates and start the all process again...

If App Store Updates does not give you the update 10.13.2, then go to App Store featured search High Sierra download, then select download, it will tell you that you're already on OS High Sierra and will send you back to App Store Updates, once there do a refresh of the updates available and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 will be readily available to download for update again!

Good luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 9:01 AM in response to joy.michelle17

Mistake 1: Never interrupt an update!

Then reboot your MBP with the option key and boot out of the drive Mac OS 10.13.2 update (select your regular Mac Drive), restart your computer normally, go back to App Store updates and start the all process again...

If App Store Updates does not give you the update 10.13.2, then go to App Store featured search High Sierra download, then select download, it will tell you that you're already on OS High Sierra and will send you back to App Store Updates, once there do a refresh of the updates available and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 will be readily available to download for update again!

Good luck!

computer didnt finish updating and now keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.