Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery drain on ios 11.2

I have updated my iphone 7plus to ios11.2. I had to charge the battery once every 2 days.

Now, with ios11.2, during the night my battery loose about 80% just being at flight mode...!!

Is there any idea what cause battery drain?

Thanks

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 2:46 PM

16 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:32 AM in response to sotga

Thank your MrBill3 fro your advice,

I have already tried all these, before porsting my question.

I have closed most background activities and gps activities, but the problem is still here. I had a very good battery lif and now the battery last for 12 hours without any usage of the phone !!

Dec 28, 2017 9:45 AM in response to sotga

I had the same problem and fixed it by doing following. They have changed the polling of Airdrop to make the person you are transferring files between to appear much faster than before. Disable Airdrop until you need it. When you have disabled Airdrop, then reboot the phone by pushing the power button and volume down at the same time until you see the white Apple logo. I am sure you only have to reboot the phone once not every time you enable or disable Airdrop

Jan 16, 2018 5:41 AM in response to sotga

I too upgraded to iOS 11.2.2 mainly due to it was supposed to help protect against the latest security flaws. After doing so, just last night my iPhone 6S Plus had a 51% charge before I powered it down. When I powered it up this morning, it showed 1% and a low battery message appeared. When I ran a battery test, it showed 89%. With iOS 10, I could go 1-2 days in between charges depending upon how much I used it. Now it needs charging 2-3 times per day. I have gone through all of the resets, eliminating notification, powering down apps, etc. and nothing works. How can a phone lose 50% of its power when it is powered down? Apple needs to provide answers and fixes. It is definitely losing its customers trust and loyalty. By rushing out buggy products with new features instead of fixing the issues and stability with its current product, Apple is heading down the same path as Quicken and soon it will make itself obsolete by doing so. Please fix this issue!!!!

Jan 16, 2018 1:32 PM in response to sotga

Hello all,

Here are a list of a couple of things you can do to resolve some of these issues you might be having:

1. Turn your device off and on again: Okay this may sound like a simple one, but this really does help. Think about it, when is the last time you actually turned your phone off and just let it sit there for a minute or two? When your phone power cycles it rotates and deletes information it no longer needs. If your device is stuck trying to run some background process, turning your device off and on again will force that process to stop and ultimately help battery life. Plus, it is just good in to do every once and a while to keep your phone running smoothly.

2. Reset all settings: You can reset all settings by navigating to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This goes and performs a reset of the operating system on the device while additionally puts all the settings back to their original factory state. Remember after reseting all settings to go back and change your auto-lock and background app refresh.

3. Erase all content and settings: When all else fails, regardless of what version of iOS you're running, you may just need to completely clear your user on the device. iOS is essentially broken into two folders. There is the system folder and the user folder. The system folder is where your OS sits and is read only, meaning that you cannot physically change this information. The user folder holds everything that is yours (i.e. Apps, Photos, etc.). This is the only place that is read and write (meaning you can change the information in here). Most of the time, this is where issues arise that can cause battery problems. Erasing all content and settings securely gets rid of all the information in the user folder while leaving the system folder intact.

Hope this helps!

battery drain on ios 11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.