Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just updated with the latest security update 2017-005 version 10.11.6 and now I cannot get my internet accounts application to work for all my emails passwords and set up nothing works I even deleted the account and started over

I just updated my mac with the latest security update 2017-005 version 10.11.6 and now I am unable to get my emails the internet account application does not work . I even tried deleting my email account but it still does not work . Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 3:14 PM

1 reply

Dec 10, 2017 8:19 PM in response to FaithfulStone

Are you having a problem with System Preferences/Internet Accounts?

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit System Preferences.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

I just updated with the latest security update 2017-005 version 10.11.6 and now I cannot get my internet accounts application to work for all my emails passwords and set up nothing works I even deleted the account and started over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.