Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Built in email client trouble (writing, navigating)

I am having trouble using the built in email app on my iPad. It gets stuck when I try to write or navigate around.

This started after I got a virus (?) ("Congratulations! Google User! You've been selected as a winner for the free $1000 Walmart Giftcard, iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8! Please click OK to claim your prize before we give it away to somebody else.") which I sort of eliminated by clearing my history. I then got a similar message re Verizon, but just one. Don't know if there is a connection.

Anyone know what the problem or solution is? Thanks.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:03 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2017 12:12 PM in response to Troyanos

I have stopped using the built in email app. I found a good free app called Edison Mail or Edison Email. It has a lot of nice features too. Also, I updated my IOS system and that may have helped as well. The problem seems to be mainly solved. The Congrats pop ups seem to have stopped at least for now -maybe that was the IOS update. From what I have been able to find, they are more of an annoyance and security risk, not a virus. If you don't tap/open them, they will not get your data. At least that is what I've found so far.

It was also suggested to me that I change browsers on my iPad. There is now an iPad/iPhone compatible Chrome. But I have not done that yet.

Built in email client trouble (writing, navigating)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.