Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The required folder can not be found

I have read anything related to this with no joy. For some reason, at some point in the last 4 months, I can no longer backup my iPhone, update subscriptions (i.e. cancel them) or even update iOS in iTunes. I get errors that look like this:

User uploaded file

This was trying to cancel a subscription for an application.

and trying to update iOS on my iPhone X:

User uploaded file

But there is no description or remedy for 4000: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770#USB

This has been and is driving me nuts - and more importantly, I need to cancel a subscription to an app!

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 4:36 PM

4 replies

Dec 19, 2017 6:55 AM in response to mhackney

Still no resolution after hours of searching and rebuilding my library. At this point, my iPhoneX is worthless as a device to listen to my music collection. I'm forced to subscribe to Spotify to listen to music. My experience with Apple Music a few years ago was a complete disaster with it screwing up my local/purchased music and I don't trust going back. Is there anything I can do short of another complete system rebuild?

The required folder can not be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.