Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8plus issues

Hi,

I have switched to 8plus , but have been facing issues like

1. Heating of the phone : the phone gets heated up within10-15mins if use

2. Does not go into the sleep mode aitomatically, hence draining the battery .

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 4:59 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:57 AM in response to Mayuri6486

Hi Mayuri6486,

It sounds like you're having some trouble with your iPhone heating up and not going to sleep. I know having your iPhone sleep when not in use is crucial to keeping it available when you need it, and I want to help you get to the bottom of what's going on.

First, let's make sure your iPhone is set to lock automatically.
  • Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock.
  • Normally, Auto-Lock is set to 1 Minute. Make sure this isn't set to Never, and set this to the setting you would like.
Another thing to take a look at, if you carry your iPhone in your hand often, you may want to test turning off Raise to Wake. Test changing that in Settings > Display & Brightness, Raise to Wake.

Next, let's also make sure your iPhone is up to date with the latest iOS 11.2 software update.
Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let me know if that helps your iPhone go to sleep and stay cool.

Unless you're receiving temperature warnings, it's normal for your iPhone to get warm, but check out some more info on that here:
Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

iPhone 8plus issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.