Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing RAM went wrong

I have install RAM upgrade on my MacBook pro 17 inch. After installing , and booting computer, I can sign in , but after that the while screen with apple log and the horizontal bar turns black only the first 10% or so, the rest remain grey and no matter how long I leave it the process never completes. I try placing old original RAM but same results.

Any suggestions and HELP HELP !

Thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:21 PM

4 replies

Dec 10, 2017 7:22 PM in response to Fakhan4321

ARE YOU SURE

there FULLY Set seated and secure?

Some macs are very tight and barely fit in fully with the tabs locked while others give a little flexible room albeit not much. I've has two identical macs month or so apart, and one was easy to remove and install and the other one about lost my fingernails. Slide in perfectly straight - all the way even like... okay?

Dec 11, 2017 11:54 AM in response to Fakhan4321

Let us know the results.

About three or four years ago, I had an old MBP 15" that just so happened as soon as I decided to upgrade the ram, it started acting weird and then would eventually sporadically reboot and then just a gray screen - turned out I had several component on the computer that were going out and need replacing. If your computer is less than 5-7 years, I might think on replacing, anything after that is a roll of the dice on how long it will last.

Installing RAM went wrong

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.