Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transporting

Does anybody know how i can transport a video from my computer to my phone? I was trying to transport something from moviemaker and it keeps saying that it failed or it cant go through. Why is that???😐

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:39 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 12:15 PM in response to ccmelo03

Hi ccmelo03,

I understand that you'd like to sync videos from your computer to your iPhone, and I'm happy to provide some help with that.

Check out the steps provided for this in the following article:

Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices - Apple Support

If you choose not to turn on iCloud Photo Library, you can sync your photos and videos manually in iTunes.

Sync your photos manually with iTunes

You can set up iTunes to sync photos to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the Photos app, or from a folder on your computer. Each time that you sync your iOS device with iTunes, the photos and videos on your iOS device update to match the albums on your computer. If you have photos on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that aren't on your computer, follow these steps to import them.

1. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Open iTunes on your computer.
  3. Use the included USB cable to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
  4. Click on the device icon in iTunes.
    User uploaded file
  5. In the sidebar on the left side of the iTunes window, click Photos.
    User uploaded file
  6. Click the box next to "Sync Photos." If instead you see "iCloud Photos is On," all of your photos and videos are already on all of your devices that use iCloud Photo Library. You don't need to sync them through iTunes.
  7. Choose the app or folder that you want to sync from.
    If you choose to sync a folder with sub-folders, the first level of sub-folders will appear as albums on your device.
    User uploaded file
  8. Choose to sync all photos and albums or selected albums.
  9. Select "Include videos" to sync the videos from your app or folder too.
  10. Click Apply.

You must import Slo-Mo and Time-Lapse videos through the Photos app or Image Capture in OS X Yosemite or later for their effect to be synced via iTunes. When you use iCloud Photo Library, Slo-Mo and Time-Lapse videos keep their effects.

Live Photos keep their effect when you import them to Photos in OS X El Capitan and later, but they lose their effect if you sync them back to your device via iTunes. Use iCloud Photo Library so that Live Photos keep their effect, no matter what device you use.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

transporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.