Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First hit of drum samples in Ultrabeat when played are quieter

So this isn't really going to cause an issue when I've finished the song, but it could have if I decided to have the drums in from the very start. I still feel it should be addressed though because I would like to know - if anyone can tell me - what is causing this, and how to prevent it.

Basically, wherever the playhead happens to be, if I place it right on a drum hit, upon playing, it's significantly quieter than it should be (and the rest are). Logic even confirms this visually in the mixer. For example, one of my kick drum layers comes in at approximately 13 dB throughout the song, but the first note will be approximately 9 dB if the playhead is placed right on it.

I've been using Logic for about 2 and a half years now and I don't think I've had this problem before.

I'm guessing it's just a latency issue because the project is getting fairly large now, but my mac can usually handle larger projects than this with no problem.

Any ideas and/or suggestions would be appreciated 🙂

Running on the following:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2 GB

EDIT:

The playhead doesn't actually have to be right on a hit for it be quieter. It seems to do the same regardless of the time before the first hit as long as it's been a short while since you pressed play - else, as previously described.

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), null

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:23 PM

There are no replies.

First hit of drum samples in Ultrabeat when played are quieter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.