Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When exiting Do Not Disturb While Driving, queued messages do not appear on Apple Watch

Hi all,

Do Not Disturb While Driving finally became a feature on iOS -- and it's worked out nicely with my iPhone SE which is currently running iOS 11.2.

I recently bought an Apple Watch Series 1 -- which is currently running watchOS 4.2.

I have my iPhone configured so that when my iPhone detects the Bluetooth connection for my car's stereo, it automatically activates Do Not Disturb -- which in turn automatically activates Do Not Disturb on my Watch because I have it configured to mirror that feature.

When I stop driving, it takes about 3-5 minutes for my iPhone to detect that my car stereo's Bluetooth is no longer there. Both iPhone and Watch at that point automatically deactivate Do Not Disturb. Sometimes I have messages queued up because they came in while I was driving (and thus in Do Not Disturb).

As my iPhone's screen is usually off at this point, I expect my Watch to notify me of the messages. Alas, no: only my iPhone notifies me -- and since my iPhone is in my pocket, often I don't hear it or feel the vibration (which is the whole reason *why* I bought the Watch in the first place -- so I would sense the notification on my wrist instead of hoping that I would hear the notification tone or feel my iPhone vibrating).

How do I configure my iPhone / Watch to when automatically exiting Do Not Disturb -- and if my iPhone's screen is indeed off -- to send queued up messages to my Watch (as one would expect it to do)?

Thanks,

/Phil

Apple Watch, watchOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 5:48 PM

1 reply

When exiting Do Not Disturb While Driving, queued messages do not appear on Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.