Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

should i wear my apple watch while playing sports

I play two hand touch football a lot and I dive for balls, is that okay or not?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:04 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2017 7:13 AM in response to Tyson_Beane2

Hi

That is a matter of personal preference.

Apple's handling instructions for Apple Watch are detailed here:

Whilst I appreciate that touch football is a limited-contact sport that does not involve tackling, keep in mind that Apple Watch contains sensitive electronic components and that it can be damaged if, for example, it is dropped (which is not dissimilar to diving) or crushed.

Whilst the Limited Warranty does not cover accidental damage, if your Apple Watch is eligible, then you may wish to consider buying AppleCare+.

In addition to extending the warranty period (covering any issues that may arise due to defects in materials or workmanship) and the telephone technical support period, AppleCare+ provides cover for up to two instances of accidental damage, each subject to a service fee / excess.

Details for the US, for example - including instructions at the bottom for buying AppleCare+ - are detailed here:

AppleCare+ - Apple Watch - Apple

should i wear my apple watch while playing sports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.