Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X Battery life

I have been using an iPhone X for about a week. The only thing that concerns me is the battery life.

I restored the iOS 10.3 backup from iPhone 6S plus to the new iPhone X which has iOS 11.2.

My old phone had a battery drain of 1-2% overnight, whereas, the new phone drains 5-6% overnight. both phones essentially have the same set of apps and similar usage during the day.

I'm just trying to figure out if it is to be expected or if it's because of iPhone X or iOS 11.2.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:58 AM

Hello, KaushalS.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you're concerned that the iPhone X battery life drains more overnight than the iPhone 6s Plus. I may be able to help you with this. iOS 10 and iOS 11 are completely different software versions, so I would suggest making sure all of your apps are up-to-date. There can be many other factors that can contribute to the difference like, screen brightness for example.

Did you turn off background app refresh for some apps? This can also help with improving battery life. Check out this link which has some great tips on preserving battery life and may also help you identify if any of the apps are contributing to battery life: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:58 AM in response to KaushalS

Hello, KaushalS.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you're concerned that the iPhone X battery life drains more overnight than the iPhone 6s Plus. I may be able to help you with this. iOS 10 and iOS 11 are completely different software versions, so I would suggest making sure all of your apps are up-to-date. There can be many other factors that can contribute to the difference like, screen brightness for example.

Did you turn off background app refresh for some apps? This can also help with improving battery life. Check out this link which has some great tips on preserving battery life and may also help you identify if any of the apps are contributing to battery life: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

iPhone X Battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.