Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my 10.5” iPad Pro charge to 100%?

Running iOS 11.2, the iPad Pro never completely recharges to 100%. It may go to 97 or 99%, but not 100%. Why? This didn’t happen when I first bought the Pro.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.2, 256GB

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:57 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2017 10:39 AM in response to blackxacto

I have this problem too. iPad Pro 12.9 with the latest IOS update, using only Apple products (charger and cables) and I have disabled background update for all apps. For some reason I can turn off the iPad, leave it charging overnight and in the morning it will only show up to 97-99% charged, but not 100%. I thought it might have been a problem with my Zagg keyboard case so I tried it without it but it’s the same thing. This only started with the latest IOS update (and the keyboard case has been in use since way before that so obviously that’s not the problem). This is a pain.

Oh, and I tried the whole “backup” method. Did not make a difference!

Dec 29, 2017 12:14 PM in response to Ricado

I don’t have this issue any longer after restoring to new iPad Pro (10.5”) then restoring from an earlier backup. If you have the time, I know it is a hassle, but you might consider, WIPING TO NEW iPad Pro, then manually downloading all apps from Apple Store, then manually moving your documents back. I use iTunes to complete the process.

Why won’t my 10.5” iPad Pro charge to 100%?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.