Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps... Movement is laggy??

I used to use Google Maps on my iPhone X... I decided to make the switch to Apple's stock Maps app. I'm finding that it's a little laggy when it shows where I am on the map when I'm driving.

When I'm making a left turn at an intersection, for example, I have already completed my turn, but it still shows me turning when I look at the screen. This delay isn't very long, but it seems rather strange when Apple is so on the ball with everything else. Is this normal, can anything be done to fix it?

Also... Do any of you find that the movement on the screen is a little choppy when you're driving?

All of these complaints could just be because Google Maps is smoother, and that's what I'm used to. But I'm curious to get some of your thoughts.

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 9:53 PM

I totally agree. The problem with Google Maps is that on the iPhone X, it can be a little annoying. You can't immediately swipe to home or switch your app, because the little line at the bottom of the screen is greyed out. You have to swipe it once to wake it up, and then you can swipe home/switch your app. And in doing so, it slides the Google Maps menu bar up. Super annoying! I also like how Apple's Maps app is optimized for the phone, a little easier to use honestly. This lag issue is the only thing that's bugging me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2017 9:53 PM in response to liv0123

I totally agree. The problem with Google Maps is that on the iPhone X, it can be a little annoying. You can't immediately swipe to home or switch your app, because the little line at the bottom of the screen is greyed out. You have to swipe it once to wake it up, and then you can swipe home/switch your app. And in doing so, it slides the Google Maps menu bar up. Super annoying! I also like how Apple's Maps app is optimized for the phone, a little easier to use honestly. This lag issue is the only thing that's bugging me.

Apple Maps... Movement is laggy??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.