Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

It appears that I have lost all of my iMac vCard contacts

I hardly know where to start. I was just adding new contacts to my iMac and started wondering why I didn't already have some of them already there. When I checked "All Contacts", I saw nothing! It appears they're all there on my iPhone and (probably) iPad. Is there a way to "sync" them to the iMac Contacts without danger of losing them on my iPhone? I also have iCloud. Can I do it through there?

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 6:25 AM

Yes you can sync your contacts with iCloud on a mac from your iPhone. It will merge the contacts, it shouldn't delete them.

Make sure you're signed into iCloud using the same account on your Mac and iPhone, and select Contacts in the sync options.

iOS: Settings > your name at the top > iCloud > Contacts

Mac: System Preferences > iCloud > sign in > Contacts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 6:25 AM in response to MTNCHIPS

Yes you can sync your contacts with iCloud on a mac from your iPhone. It will merge the contacts, it shouldn't delete them.

Make sure you're signed into iCloud using the same account on your Mac and iPhone, and select Contacts in the sync options.

iOS: Settings > your name at the top > iCloud > Contacts

Mac: System Preferences > iCloud > sign in > Contacts

It appears that I have lost all of my iMac vCard contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.