Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock activation lock?

I bought a new Apple Watch in store. However, when I tried to set it up he Watch said it’s already linked to another user. How do I get it to link to my phone? Do I have to go in store and solve this problem?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 2:33 AM

Hi

You are describing Activation Lock, which prevents unauthorised use of a pre-owned Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen.

I suggest that you return the Apple Watch to the store to have them remove the lock or to obtain an exchange or refund.

You will not otherwise be able to use the Apple Watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Apple will not advise you of the previous owner's contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.

More information:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 2:33 AM in response to Stbear03

Hi

You are describing Activation Lock, which prevents unauthorised use of a pre-owned Apple Watch if it is lost or stolen.

I suggest that you return the Apple Watch to the store to have them remove the lock or to obtain an exchange or refund.

You will not otherwise be able to use the Apple Watch. There is no way around this security feature.

Apple will not advise you of the previous owner's contact details, nor will Apple pass your details on to them.

More information:

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

how to unlock activation lock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.