Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Frequency Clicking Noise? 2017 MacBook Pro

Hello,

I've got this 2017 15 inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar since August and it had been completely fine until suddenly around 10 days ago it started having this high frequency clicking noise emitting from the left side whenever I start watching videos, or around 5 minutes after waking the laptop from sleep, whichever comes first. The noise persists unless the laptop is put to sleep or shuts down. I ran the diagnostics start up thingie and it does not seem to come from the fans, while the diagnostics report is that there are no issues. Funnily enough though, the noise does quickly disappear, sounding like how a moving fan may come to a stop, when and only when the laptop is flipped to its side.

Does anyone have this issue? I'm quite concerned because it's quite irritating a noise and I stayed with MacBooks specifically to avoid hardware issues.

Thanks

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 8:42 PM

There are no replies.

High Frequency Clicking Noise? 2017 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.