Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch (6th Gen.) shows low battery when fully charged

Hello,

I have charged my Ipod touch (6th gen.) and it would show full, then in about 2 sec..need to charge. When I shut off the ipod, and cut it back on..it shows low battery again, then fully charged...and then low battery charge. I have backed up my ipod and restored to factory settings, new install....nothing is working...HELP?

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2018 4:15 AM

Battery in itself is fine, it’s just that initial display on turning it on. Mine was still under warranty at point of purchase. Was advised ‘it might be the battery’ but knew it wasn’t. My screen was cracked slightly too and was told if they replaced the battery they would have to replace the screen too. Was expecting a big(ish) bill. Presume that whatever they did didnt fix the problem and that they had then gone past the point of no return (couldn’t solve the problem despite the battery and screen change) so I have ended up with a brand new replacement iPod. And the battery is still having the same issue - so can only assume it’s a software problem...

15 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2018 4:15 AM in response to Blaw80

Battery in itself is fine, it’s just that initial display on turning it on. Mine was still under warranty at point of purchase. Was advised ‘it might be the battery’ but knew it wasn’t. My screen was cracked slightly too and was told if they replaced the battery they would have to replace the screen too. Was expecting a big(ish) bill. Presume that whatever they did didnt fix the problem and that they had then gone past the point of no return (couldn’t solve the problem despite the battery and screen change) so I have ended up with a brand new replacement iPod. And the battery is still having the same issue - so can only assume it’s a software problem...

Dec 26, 2017 4:30 PM in response to ElectraKizz

Hi ElectraKizz,

I purchased my daughter an iPod Touch 6th Gen for Christmas & have noticed the exact same issue in the past 2 - 3 days she has had it. Just finished a chat with Apple Support on this & another topic & they provided a suggestion on how to fix this so thought I would share incase it helps you! Apparently the issue relates to the need to calibrate the battery charge indicator. To do that you need to the below just once:-

1. Charge the battery fully.

2. Allow the battery to drain until the iPod Touch powers off.

3. Then, again fully charge the battery.

The iPod Touch’s battery should now be calibrated.

I have done step 1 so will now let it drain fully & re-charge & report back if it works or not.

Jan 5, 2018 4:29 AM in response to ElectraKizz

I quite encountered to the same problem with the new update:

My 1-year-old iPod Touch gen 6th using iOS 11.2.1 having extremely battery drain issue: goes up 20-30% within a couple of minute. After 2-4 hours of charging (100%), I can only use within 45 minutes and it gone back to 13%. Is it because of the battery or the version of iOS itself? I have already check with "Battery Life" app but it said my battery is perfect (100%).

Could anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? I downgraded to 11.2 and it seems to be nothing changed. I'm in Vietnam, and if I have to take it for battery replacement, is there any place I can contact the authority reseller of Apple to have it replace? And how about the price?

Thanks in advance!

Ipod Touch (6th Gen.) shows low battery when fully charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.