Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi: no hardware installed after update 10.13.2 on imac

Solution?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 10:16 PM

I connected my imac with an ethernet cable and manually downloaded High Sierra again tonight and reinstalled it. Voila! I added wifi under system preferences/network and the wifi indicator worked normally instead of showing no hardware installed. Was the automatic download corrupted last night? Did apple apply a fix? I watched the installation tonight and it was a very smooth process with one restart in contrast with the multiple restarts last night. I have never dealt with a stressful upgrade like that before.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 10:16 PM in response to mrjaggers

I connected my imac with an ethernet cable and manually downloaded High Sierra again tonight and reinstalled it. Voila! I added wifi under system preferences/network and the wifi indicator worked normally instead of showing no hardware installed. Was the automatic download corrupted last night? Did apple apply a fix? I watched the installation tonight and it was a very smooth process with one restart in contrast with the multiple restarts last night. I have never dealt with a stressful upgrade like that before.

Dec 11, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Rudegar

thanks for replying. I tried resetting NVRAM and SMC and restarting holding down the D key. Internet recovery begins but then I receive an apple.com/support -3403D message with an exclamation point in a black triangle. I went and purchased an ethernet cable. The update did not install smoothly. I guess I will try to reinstall the update to fix whatever was installed incorrectly.

Dec 17, 2017 8:19 PM in response to mrjaggers

Apple did not fix it!

It seems they are indifferent.

Apple will continue to pretend that nothing has happened.

My almost new MacBook 12, 2016, now does not have WiFi and bluetooth!

I have already applied all the methods that are advised in the community - nothing helped.

WiFi is dead.

Such a working tool is useless for me.

wifi: no hardware installed after update 10.13.2 on imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.