Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Latest 2017 15-inch i7 Screen Ghosting

Hello everyone,

The very first thing I noticed when I bought the latest model, immediately as I was done configuring it, was the blurriness of the screen as I scrolled through a PDF. It immediately made my eyes feel like they couldn't focus.

I've since read that this seems to be a problem with every one of these models and have personally compared it to my 2013 model that does not have this problem as well as other friends who have the same model and all had this issue. It makes it very difficult to watch movies or, as a developer, do anything that requires reading lots of text for extended periods of time.

I'm sure there are plenty of posts on here about it, but I feel like I should voice my experience as well to raise attention to Apple about this issue. It is disappointing to see this on a $2,500 dollar product from the king of high end, user friendly UNIX like OSs.

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:01 PM

3 replies

Dec 10, 2017 10:19 PM in response to munkymajik

Thank you munkymajik, I should have mentioned that I have support tickets on this issue. All that they were able to offer me was a new laptop at the store since I am within 14 days of purchase. I have compared my Macbook Pro to exactly 3 other friends who have the same model. It was unknown to them that this was a problem, and if they even had this issue, until I ran a specific ghosting test found at http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/testsoftware/ghosting.html on all 4 of our laptops at once. Then it was very obvious they all have this issue.

I love Apple enough to keep it though, so I decided to keep it. They just work, for years.

Macbook Pro Latest 2017 15-inch i7 Screen Ghosting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.