Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apple ID settings

I keep getting notifications asking me to "update my Apple ID settings" on my iPhone 7. Recently, I updated my Mac and started getting the same notifications. I figured it's probably time to get it sorted out. I went to update it on my phone and it asked for my iPhone 6 password that I traded in for my 7 a few years ago. Obviously I don't remember that password so it gave me another option to confirm with another device. Unfortunately, my Mac isn't signed in either and needs another device to confirm.

How do I fix the issue of not being able to access my information without a password?

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 11:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 6:55 AM in response to dkleef

Can you access your Apple ID using your computer?

Apple ID - Manage

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Updating Apple ID settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.