Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

User Event Agent has been draining my memory. I need help to fix it!

Im using a MacBook Pro 2013 with High Sierra version: 10.13.1

2.6Ghz Core i7 16GB RAM

I recently encounter a problem, when i start the computer it runs normaly with the exception that the RAM starts draining in seconds without any programs open or processes being made... I checked the activity monitor and saw an unusual amount of memory being used by UserEventAgent and the cpu running at 100% even tho the fans don't even start.

I have an app called memory clean that helps me keep around 1 gb of memory from being drained. This app starts cleaning memory when the computer is about to run out, this kinda keeps the machine working, but its really slow.

I can't find a solution, please help. Here is a screenshot of the activity monitor. And the "open files and ports" copy. Thanks, hope someone can help me find a solution.

User uploaded file

cwd

/

txt

/usr/libexec/UserEventAgent

txt

/System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/PlugIns/csparser.bundle /Contents/MacOS/csparser

txt

/private/var/db/mds/messages/501/se_SecurityMessages

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/AppleHIDMouseAgent.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AppleH IDMouseAgent

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/AutoTimeZone.plugin/Contents/MacOS/AutoTimeZone

txt

/private/var/db/timezone/tz/2017c.1.0/icutz/icutz44l.dat

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/BTMMPortInUseAgent.plugin/Contents/MacOS/BTMMPo rtInUseAgent

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/BluetoothUserAgent-Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS /BluetoothUserAgent-Plugin

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/BonjourEvents.plugin/Contents/MacOS/BonjourEven ts

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/CaptiveUserAgent.plugin/Contents/MacOS/CaptiveU serAgent

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/EAPOLMonitor.plugin/Contents/MacOS/EAPOLMonitor

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/GSSNotificationForwarder.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ GSSNotificationForwarder

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/LocationMenu.plugin/Contents/MacOS/LocationMenu

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/PrinterMonitor.plugin/Contents/MacOS/PrinterMon itor

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/SCMonitor.plugin/Contents/MacOS/SCMonitor

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.TimeMachine.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com .apple.TimeMachine

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.alarm.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com.apple .alarm

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.bonjour.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com.app le.bonjour

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.cfnotification.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ com.apple.cfnotification

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.cts.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.c ts

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.diskarbitration.plugin/Contents/MacOS /com.apple.diskarbitration

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.dispatch.vfs.plugin/Contents/MacOS/co m.apple.dispatch.vfs

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.fsevents.matching.plugin/Contents/Mac OS/com.apple.fsevents.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.iokit.matching.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ com.apple.iokit.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.launchd.helper.plugin/Contents/MacOS/ com.apple.launchd.helper

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.netsvcproxy.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com .apple.netsvcproxy

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.network.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com.app le.network

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.notifyd.matching.plugin/Contents/MacO S/com.apple.notifyd.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.nsurlsessiond.plugin/Contents/MacOS/c om.apple.nsurlsessiond

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.rcdevent.matching.plugin/Contents/Mac OS/com.apple.rcdevent.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.reachability.plugin/Contents/MacOS/co m.apple.reachability

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.remoteservicediscovery.events.plugin/ Contents/MacOS/com.apple.remoteservicediscovery.events

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.systemconfiguration.plugin/Contents/M acOS/com.apple.systemconfiguration

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.time.plugin/Contents/MacOS/com.apple. time

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.touchbar.matching.plugin/Contents/Mac OS/com.apple.touchbar.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.universalaccess.events.plugin/Content s/MacOS/com.apple.universalaccess.events

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/com.apple.usernotificationcenter.matching.plugi n/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.usernotificationcenter.matching

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/locationd.events.plugin/Contents/MacOS/location d.events

txt

/System/Library/UserEventPlugins/routined.events.plugin/Contents/MacOS/routined. events

txt

/usr/lib/dyld

txt

/usr/share/icu/icudt59l.dat

/dev/null

/dev/null

/dev/null

*:*

[event 1:6:1]

->0xf233bf0a94b7371d

->0xf233bf0a94b76215

->0xf233bf0a94b75595

->0xf233bf0a761dac35

count=0, state=0x8

count=0, state=0x8

->0xf233bf0a94b73b05

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/.Trash

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Caches/GeoServices

/Users/K/Library/Caches/GeoServices

/Users/K

/Users/K/Library/Caches

/Users/K/Library

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Services

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Library

/Library

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Mobile Documents

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Remote Desktop/RemoteManagement.launchd

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Remote Desktop

/Library/Application Support/Apple

/Library/Application Support

/Library

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Safari

/Users/K/Library/Safari

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Family/.askpermissiond_aps_registered

/Users/K/Library/Family

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

/Library

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

/Users/K/Library/Internet Plug-Ins

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

/System/Library/ColorSync

/System/Library

/System

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

/Library/ColorSync

/Library

/Users/K/Library/ColorSync/Profiles

/Users/K/Library/ColorSync

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K/Library

/Users/K

/Users

count=0, state=0x8

/private/tmp

/private

/private/tmp

count=0, state=0x8

/Applications

/

/Applications/Utilities

/Applications

count=0, state=0x8

/private/var/run

/private/var/run

/private/var

/private

/private/var/db/PanicReporter

/private/var/db

/private/var

/private

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), Help please

Posted on Dec 10, 2017 10:51 PM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2017 2:09 PM in response to kckike

Hi kckike,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like one process is using more memory than expected. One thing you can do is to isolate other software from running that may be interfering. I would recommend you read this article and use it to help troubleshoot the issue. ​

Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

User uploaded file

If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode

If an issue doesn't happen when your Mac is started in safe mode, try restarting without pressing any keys.

• If the issue comes back, you might have incompatible login items.
  • If the issue doesn't come back, it was probably caused by a cache or directory issue with your startup disk, which safe mode fixed.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

Cheers.

Dec 13, 2017 1:38 PM in response to CarlAVII

Hi, Thank you for the reply...

I tried and started my macbook in safe mode it seemed like the problem didn't happen this time, but the computer was very glitchy and slow... so i moved to step 2 and eliminated the login items like said in the instructions but it didn't work. Is there anything else i could try?

Thank you

User Event Agent has been draining my memory. I need help to fix it!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.