Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send money with applepay message is blocking my access to text messages

Is this a scam? I can't check any of my messages.

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:57 AM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:14 AM in response to osogrizz

Try to force restart your device:

• On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

When done test and see if you can access your text messages.

Should be this case, please read these helpful articles about Apple Pay Cash:

Apple Pay Cash and person to person payments now available - Apple

Apple Pay Cash - Official Apple Support

Send, receive, and request money with Apple Pay - Apple Support

Regards

Giulio

Dec 19, 2017 8:20 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I have the same issue that came up today. A text message with no header info, filling the screen with a graphic of the Apple Pay GUI and “Send Money with Apple Pay,” and a button “Continue.” You can’t wipe the screen in any direction to cause this to disappear and you can’t go back into iMessage and see your main menu. I hard rebooted several times with no change of condition. I’m running IOS 11.2.1.

This problem has rendered my iPhone’s iMessage app totally useless!

I find myself becoming increasingly disenchanted with Apple over their IOS upgrades and wonder if anyone in the Apple think tank, if such a thing exists, asks themselves “WWJD?” (What Would Jobs Do?) at times like this. I suspect he would have fired more than half the Apple app staff and brought in replacements to correct the problem.

Fix this and fix it quickly, or I will be changing my devise platform which has been devoted to Apple since my very first 3G.

Jan 4, 2018 7:05 AM in response to osogrizz

This was a horrible mistake on Apple's part as I see many here will agree. I thought it was a virus. I called Apple and they explained. All you had to do was to hit continue. But I didn't want to in case it was a virus. But yes, it took over my text app screen every time I launched the app. I tried rebooting as well and of course, that didn't work.

I'm very surprised that Apple attempted to let us know about using Apple Pay through texting this way. What were they thinking?

Jan 5, 2018 9:41 AM in response to osogrizz

Same problem. After 3 hard shutdowns on iPhone 7 I clicked Continue button and it disappeared allowing access to text messages. Before clicking Continue I disabled my previous Apple Pay account and disabled any access to use Apple Pay on this device.

This happened after I installed the latest software update.

Horrible Apple! Now I have no Apple pay.

Send money with applepay message is blocking my access to text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.