Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I batch change to raw in photos

I have a large group of files that were copied in as jpg+raw. I need to edit for white balance and this should not be done in the jpg space which is default for photos.

I know how to change files individually to raw, but I need to change all of them to raw. How can I do this in photos for mac?

MBP 13", Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 3:25 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2017 9:45 AM in response to ScotKight

I would unstack the RAW&JPEG pairs to make its easier tower with the raw files. Export the unmodified originals from Photos (with Include IPTC as XPM to save the metadata).

Then delete the RAW&JPEG pairs from Photos and reimport only the RAW files. Keep the JPGS in a external folder, in case you want them later. After reimporting your RAW files can be edited immediately as RAW.

How do I batch change to raw in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.