Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my Apple TV 4th need to be reboot every day?

Lately, my AppleTV 4th Gen won't reliably start up without a reset. Why is this and, more important, what's the cure?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:07 AM

5 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:40 AM in response to Diana.McCall

When I switch over from Tivo to Apple, it's been doing this lately, say last 2 weeks. Needs a reset nearly everytime I switch it in. It seems to be just stalled out for some reason. I had it hooked to older generation Time Capsule as a router. I have since hooked it to the newer gen TC.

Before all this, it had been working generally fine. I use a Harmony remote, but that hasn't changed since day one. In fact, nothing equipment wise has changed in months. Now, Century Link, I've considered maybe the net provider, but wirelessly, everything else works. Network Preferences shows everything OK.

Dec 11, 2017 12:55 PM in response to Diana.McCall

Screen comes up but asks for a reset or restart. If I'm lucky. If not...

No picture, non-responsive to the remote, nothing. Unplug it and it comes back. Home button has no effect if there is no picture. If the reset language is there, I just reset, never tried home button when that option appears.

Sometimes, if I wait 10-15 minutes, it comes back on its own.

Why does my Apple TV 4th need to be reboot every day?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.