You may be sharing an Apple ID or have misconfigured your settings.
If you are sharing an Apple ID:
For various features and services on Apple Watch and iPhone to work as intended by Apple, you should not share an Apple ID. Each user should instead have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their iPhone and Apple Watch.
Should you wish to share eligible past and future purchases (iTunes music, apps, books, etc), then you can still do so via Family Sharing (a free Apple service). Other features of Family Sharing include a shared family calendar, shared photo album and the ability to set reminders that will alert all family group members:
The following articles provide instructions for:
Creating a new Apple ID:
How to use that new Apple ID on an iPhone:
The person who sets up a new Apple ID should also first unpair their Apple Watch from their iPhone and then pair it again after the iPhone has been configured to use the new Apple ID:
Once you are set up with your own respective Apple IDs on your devices, you can also share Activity results with each other:
Share your Activity with your Apple Watch - Apple Support
If you are not sharing an Apple ID, then follow these steps to check and correct your settings:
- In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
- Check that there is a single contact card for you and that it contains your name, Apple ID email address and iPhone number.
- Remove any duplicate contact cards and remove anyone else's contact details from your own card.
- Check that there is a separate contact card for each of your other contacts that each card contains only that contact's own contact details and information and none of your own.
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Contacts > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
- On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Siri & Search > My Information - check that your contact card is selected.
- On your iPhone in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > General > Reset > tap once on Reset Sync Data:
- You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to you).
- Allow a minute or so for the process to complete.
- Restart your iPhone and your watch, turning both off together, then restarting your iPhone first: