Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When using Apple Mail I get mailer daemon returns

When returning emails to s small;l group I get the following message constantly. I do not have that email address in the list and I do not use any with a comcast address. Any ideas why and how to get rid of it?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 9.7 hour(s):

* luvnkias@gmail.com

Reason: Temporary Failure

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.162]

Received-From-MTA: dns; resimta-po-09v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.137]

Arrival-Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 02:16:39 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; luvnkias@gmail.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 452-4.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota. Please direct

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:58:38 +0000

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:31 AM

It's likely one of your group members has their address redirected to the address listed.

The Comcast message is because your mail traffic is passing through a Comcast system at some point - once again not your issue.

The bottom line is one of your recipients needs to fix their issue; there's nothing you can do other than try and narrow down who it is and delete them from your group.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 4:31 AM in response to hawghead

It's likely one of your group members has their address redirected to the address listed.

The Comcast message is because your mail traffic is passing through a Comcast system at some point - once again not your issue.

The bottom line is one of your recipients needs to fix their issue; there's nothing you can do other than try and narrow down who it is and delete them from your group.

When using Apple Mail I get mailer daemon returns

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.