Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: When using Apple Mail I get mailer daemon returns

When returning emails to s small;l group I get the following message constantly. I do not have that email address in the list and I do not use any with a comcast address. Any ideas why and how to get rid of it?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 9.7 hour(s):

* luvnkias@gmail.com

Reason: Temporary Failure

Reporting-MTA: dns; resqmta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.162]

Received-From-MTA: dns; resimta-po-09v.sys.comcast.net [96.114.154.137]

Arrival-Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 02:16:39 +0000

Final-recipient: rfc822; luvnkias@gmail.com

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 452-4.2.2 The email account that you tried to reach is over quota. Please direct

Last-attempt-Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 11:58:38 +0000

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

It's likely one of your group members has their address redirected to the address listed.

The Comcast message is because your mail traffic is passing through a Comcast system at some point - once again not your issue.

The bottom line is one of your recipients needs to fix their issue; there's nothing you can do other than try and narrow down who it is and delete them from your group.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved

Dec 11, 2017 4:31 AM in response to hawghead In response to hawghead

It's likely one of your group members has their address redirected to the address listed.

The Comcast message is because your mail traffic is passing through a Comcast system at some point - once again not your issue.

The bottom line is one of your recipients needs to fix their issue; there's nothing you can do other than try and narrow down who it is and delete them from your group.

Dec 11, 2017 4:31 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: hawghead

Question: When using Apple Mail I get mailer daemon returns