Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will leaving the iPhone on a charger for a prolonged period of time damage the battery?

Hi, I was wonder if leaving the iPhone on charger (before going to sleep for example), do damage to the battery?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 3:25 AM

No, it will not damage the battery.

15 replies

Dec 12, 2017 10:24 AM in response to Wdenver

Oui c'est français. Tu as raison. Je pensais jeter quelque chose de différent pour un changement. J'habite au Canada. Nous devons apprendre l'anglais et le français à l'école.

(Yes it is French. You are right. Thought I'd throw something different in for a change. I live in Canada. We have to learn English and French in school.)

Most of my communication is in English on here. :-)

Dec 12, 2017 11:40 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

i have got a broken locked iphone 5s.

model A1530,

imei 35208707527.

memory 16gb.

fcc id BCG-E2643A

IC 579C-E2643A

Story: about 2 months ago i found this mobile on road side. screen was broken. i had managed a data cable to charge it. i had replaced with new screen worth 1400 rupees. after replacing screen i inserted a sim and used(only call receive and charging because it was locked) for 1 week.

after that i thought to restore it by using itunes. so i downloaded latest version of itunes and tried to restore.a file size of 2.44GB get downloaded and automatically getting extracted.After extarction iphone restarts for once.

But problem is that itunes is showing after extraction preparing iphone to restore and them waiting for iphone. this status remain for alll time and in iphone nothing is happening.

i am from India, state West bengal,city kolkata,

name- Kiran Mondal.

Will leaving the iPhone on a charger for a prolonged period of time damage the battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.