Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activity Tracker and Cold Weather?

I work PT at a major shipper, and loading boxes and freight on to semi trailers accounts for quite a bit of physical activity over 3-4 hours that I'm there. During the warmer months, my Apple Watch (series 1) records this as a high level of "exercise" (green ring) minutes for the day (as well as calories - red ring).

Now that it's cold, the calorie count is still fairly high, but it's like I'm doing ZERO "exercise" minutes. Quite the opposite in reality - it's holiday shipping. We're swamped. I'm running around and carrying more freight than ever, but according to the watch, I'm sitting on my behind.

Still getting 10K-12K steps per night warm or cold according to the watch, just the amount the green ring moves is what changed.

Any ideas why it still says I'm burning similar amounts of calories (red ring), but not doing any exercise (green ring)?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:28 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 5:28 PM in response to SolariderX

Hi SolariderX,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community. I understand that you're not seeing your activity rings on your Apple Watch update as you expect them to in the colder weather.

There are a few things that you can do to make sure your Apple Watch is accurately recording your activity. First, I recommend to take a look through the following steps to ensure your watch is recording activity accurately.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch
You may also need to calibrate your watch, which you can do using these steps: Calibrating your Apple Watch Series 1 or earlier for improved Workout and Activity accuracy
Cheers!

Activity Tracker and Cold Weather?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.