Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens if you cancel the subscription? Do you get to keep the music or does it disappear along with your playlist?

If I cancel my Apple Music subscription what happens to all the music and playlists I created? The answer is it disappears. This is not clearly stated when they advertise it. After 10mos I paid over $100 for the subscription. I could have just bought all the songs I wanted for about the same price. Instead I have nothing.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 9:07 AM

Yes I realize that now. What would help is if they would still allow you to keep the titles of the songs so that you could go back and purchase hem individually. They wiped out half my library. I only remember some of the songs by memory. Also, they don’t communicate this very well with their customers. How about a warning email saying “if you cancel your subscription not only will you not be able to play the music but you will lose all the titles as well.” I have sent Apple support a message about this. I wish I would have know all this when I subscribed. I spent about $100 or more on the subscription, I could have just bought all the songs and at least have something in the end. Now I don’t even have all the names of the songs I had in my library before they wiped them.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 9:07 AM in response to swandy

Yes I realize that now. What would help is if they would still allow you to keep the titles of the songs so that you could go back and purchase hem individually. They wiped out half my library. I only remember some of the songs by memory. Also, they don’t communicate this very well with their customers. How about a warning email saying “if you cancel your subscription not only will you not be able to play the music but you will lose all the titles as well.” I have sent Apple support a message about this. I wish I would have know all this when I subscribed. I spent about $100 or more on the subscription, I could have just bought all the songs and at least have something in the end. Now I don’t even have all the names of the songs I had in my library before they wiped them.

What happens if you cancel the subscription? Do you get to keep the music or does it disappear along with your playlist?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.