Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Unusual traffic from your computer network Mac Safari

Hello apple devs and users,

i will start topic which is not comfortable...

Many times when i am googlilg with safari on my brand new macbook pro, i get the google captcha and error message as mentioned in title of this post.

There is full google about this erorr, even internet provider mechanics were at my place and haven't found anything..

So i tried to delete/uninstall AVAST antivirus, and the problem with google and my traffic seem to dissapeared FOR NOW(i hope they gone for good).

I haven't found any answer which would help me, could it be safari? Or it's because of avast antivirus?

It happend to me just on macbook pro safari, not on phone, or on my windows laptop.

I would like to know more about this issue, because i don't feel safe when i'am web developer and my network is sending such things.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on

Dec 11, 2017 9:24 AM in response to P.Potoczky In response to P.Potoczky

Those messages are generally a SCAM, intended to scare you into signing up for unnecessary stuff at best, and steal all your money at worst.

No one can determine your computer has such problems from outside your computer. DO NOT allow access to your computer or provide any data unless YOU initiated the contact.

If you were actually generating a lot of traffic and causing problem for your ISP, they would shut you off in a heartbeat, and not think twice about doing so. No notice, nothing. Then they would just wait for you to call to straighten it out.

Dec 11, 2017 9:24 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 1:27 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder In response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank You for quick respond.

But i saw the messages many times on google, people solving it.

As i said, when i uninstalled avast, these messages stopped for now.

My provider told me that i share my ip address with some people which might have this traffic, and it's also tarketing me, but don't know why just on my macbook on safari.

I also used malwarebytes to test, and everything is clear.

So i kind don't understand why you have mentioned access or data providing, it was just asking me to finish this google picture captcha which sometimes take minutes to click out all the cars ...

Dec 11, 2017 1:27 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 1:32 PM in response to P.Potoczky In response to P.Potoczky

I don't know you or your level of expertise. I need to respond to the worst case possible -- that you are being scammed -- to prevent you from doing dangerous things.

If i have over-reacted, just know that people here want to help protect you from possible harm while using your computer, and ignore any extra advice that is not applicable.

Dec 11, 2017 1:32 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 1:35 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder In response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Do you think the avast could be doing something which google profiled as danger?

Avast have some kind of online traffic checking and stuff like that, cold it be because of that?

Anyone with this kind of experience?

Dec 12, 2017 1:35 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 12, 2017 6:17 AM in response to P.Potoczky In response to P.Potoczky

Your premium-quality Macintosh computer comes with many layers of protection built in. It features X-Protect, already installed and working. It does not scan every file and read every packet because that is not a sensible way to protect from viruses.

Use of third-party so-called Virus scanners that make a Big Show of reading every file and checking every message coming and going just make your Mac unstable and slow. They are scanning for Windows viruses that cannot spontaneously infect your Mac anyway. They are not a good way to protect your Mac from anything, and should be removed.

Dec 12, 2017 6:17 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 13, 2017 5:13 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder In response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thank You for reply.

I uninstalled every antivirus i was testing or malware cleaner, for example avast found many times miner.js which was some cryptocurrency mining program, this reason i had the antivirus.

I also have noticed sometimes a pop sound coming from speakers i think, the sound is happening randomly.

Dec 13, 2017 5:13 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: P.Potoczky

Question: Unusual traffic from your computer network Mac Safari