Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro Security Issues?

I’ve been on Facebook for only 1/2 hour and already two possible malware popups have appeared saying I won something or other and can’t get out of it unless I shut down. Never had issues like this with my iPad 3 . . . . This happens every day now., must be a security loose screw in the Pro.

iPad, iOS 7, iPad3

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:19 AM

I would say it’s more a coincidence than anything else. The Facebook page you are visiting has compromised ads on it.

WHen you get out of the popup, do you clear your history? IT’s possible that hte ad is reloading from the cache.

WHen you force quit safari, go into the settings, safari and delete your history for the day. THen for good measure make your iPad reboot by holding down the sleep and home keys for 20 seconds or so. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

On the downside, if the page you are visiting is dishing up a compromised ad then you’ll keep getting the popup when you visit that page until they get it removed.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 11, 2017 7:19 AM in response to sweetsilk

I would say it’s more a coincidence than anything else. The Facebook page you are visiting has compromised ads on it.

WHen you get out of the popup, do you clear your history? IT’s possible that hte ad is reloading from the cache.

WHen you force quit safari, go into the settings, safari and delete your history for the day. THen for good measure make your iPad reboot by holding down the sleep and home keys for 20 seconds or so. When you see the silver apple, let go and let it reboot.

On the downside, if the page you are visiting is dishing up a compromised ad then you’ll keep getting the popup when you visit that page until they get it removed.

Dec 11, 2017 6:45 AM in response to sweetsilk

There is no malware whatsoever for a non jailbroken iOS device. The SDK Apple provides developers the tools to write software for iOS will not facilitate it. What you are seeing are scam ads, nothing more.

if the ads persist stop going to sites that host these ads and see this link

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Dec 11, 2017 9:02 AM in response to sweetsilk

I feel your pain. Unfortunately when auto dialer programs and ‘burn phones’ so easy to get, anyone can program their computer to spend all day dialing.

Area codes are published and well known, so are prefixes (the first three numbers) once you know that just program the auto dialer to dial from 0000 to 9999 and you are set to go.

I for one don’t answer calls from numbers I don’t know anymore because of it....and can it REALLY be my last chance to lower my interest rate? Please?????

Anyway, if you get that popup again, do as desribed to remove it from your device and you should be fine. On the upside, getting those popups on an iDevice is usually just an annoying inconvenience vs other devices where the nasty code can actually run and become a bigger issue.

IPad Pro Security Issues?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.