Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trying to factory reset. no icloud. no itunes on desktop. forgotten restrictions passcode

my friend gave me her daughter's iphone 7 plus. we erased it from the her icloud already. i tried to go to settings and erase all content and data but it asks for a restrictions passcode that she can't remember. she doesn't even remember setting that up. so i tried to do a hard reset through itunes but my itunes on my mac isn't a new enough version to support the iphone 7. or so it says. but its updated as new as it can on the mac that i have. anyway, so i can't do it on my mac and she doesn't have a mac. just an hp that she can't get itunes on. so now i'm stuck. I don't know what to do. how do i factory reset it now?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.2

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:02 AM

7 replies

Dec 11, 2017 1:52 PM in response to choosegod4life

Why can't see get iTunes on the HP computer? She needs to follow the instructions in this support document to get it ready to give to you. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

IF there is a Restrictions passcode on the device, it is going to have to be restored to factory, and set up as new. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support, and that is going to require iTunes. Either she is able to load iTunes on the HP, or you are going to have to make the trip to the Apple store, no matter how far.

trying to factory reset. no icloud. no itunes on desktop. forgotten restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.