Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iCloud to automatically log in when MacBook pro starts?

I always get a prompt to log in to iCloud and then again to log in to messages, FaceTime, iCloud. How do I get iCloud to automatically log in when computer starts. Thank you.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:39 AM

1 reply

Dec 11, 2017 11:24 AM in response to JBLohr

Are you signing out before you shutdown? When you check System Preferences/iCloud, are you signed in?

Might be a corrupt .plist.

Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit System Preferences.

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

Thanks to leonie for some information contained in this.

How do I get iCloud to automatically log in when MacBook pro starts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.