Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is iPhone 7 batery life so short?

Hi!

I have an iPhone 7 which has only one year old. I charge it every night and almost everyday I need to charge it again before I go to sleep.

In my opinion this is not acceptable for a high end and expensive mobile phone as this. I have tried everything:

• Reset the phone
  • Reinstall everything from scratch
  • Disable apps background update
  • Etc.. etc.. etc..

Nothing has worked. If I turn on GPS then it is even worst.

Yesterday for instance, I had to charge it two times in a single day.

And no, it is not a battery problem. It still has 1800 mAh of the original 1950 mAh. So in my opinion this is poor design! Am I wrong?

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 7:29 AM

9 replies

Dec 11, 2017 7:42 AM in response to americodias

americodias wrote:

This is nothing wrong with my specific device!

If you search google, you'll find complaints about the battery of every phone ever made. You'll also find reports of people being abducted by aliens. Until you've done the troubleshooting, you won't know what the problem really is. If you don't want suggestions on how to resolve your issue, why did you post in a technical support forum?

On your phone, go to Settings>Battery and see what apps are using the battery life. Download the app Battery Life and see what it says about the health of your battery. Restore (not reset) the phone as new and test. Make an appointment at the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store to have the phone evaluated or contact Support using the link at the top right of every page of these forums.

See these articles for more information:

Batteries - Apple

iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

As I said, I have done everything I could, now I will probably get rid of this phone.

I suspect you haven't done everything you could ("etc" is not very helpful in telling us what you did do). However, it is certainly your choice as to how to spend your time and money. You should buy the phone that best meets your needs.

Best of luck.

Dec 11, 2017 10:13 AM in response to americodias

I have an iPhone 7 and have never had an issue with battery life, so I don't think it is a universal problem. Contact Apple at 1-800-MY-APPLE and explain the situation. If you're persistent enough, they may grant an exception to replace your battery or phone at no charge. I don't think it is a universal problem with the iPhone 7, as I have never experienced it.

I know that doesn't solve your problem, but I would contact Apple, and try to get more than just a Case Number, as that doesn't help you at all. They may issue a CS Code (customer satisfaction). It will start with an 'A' and followed by a string of numbers (ex...A1884654).

Best of luck!

CrashBurner

Dec 11, 2017 7:46 AM in response to stuartjash

Thanks CrashBurner, it´s good to have other people opinions. And I'm glad that you don't have this problem... it's so annoying!

The phone is covered by warranty and I even have an extra insurance from my operator. But I don't know if I want to lose my time with this. Because most probably I will have to leave the phone with them, or they will tell me to do all this things I already have done (like reset the phone... bla bla bla) and after they will tell me the phone is just OK and the problem is mine. 😐

Why is iPhone 7 batery life so short?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.