Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-mac is being hacked?

The Computer ‘ord38s01-in-x0e.1e100.net’ is attempting to access Goggle Chrome on your computer.

Do you want to allow this connection? Block or Allow? Of course I block it.

This appears ever so often when I open up Google Chrome. It’s a notification from Norton Internet Security. Of course I say no, but I was wondering if someone is trying to hack my computer, or trying to use my bandwidth to download games, etc? I ask that because i notice several times when i quit Chrome, it tells me a download is in progress, although I have not tried to download anything.

Thanks.

Oh, I am new here but my computer is an I-mac (mid 2010); software Yosemite 10.10.5; 21.5 inch display; processor 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3; memory 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3;

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 4:03 PM

remove norton and ask for your money back if you paid for it. AV products for Mac cause problems and nothing else.

For futher analysis you may post an Etrecheck report. The link is http://www.etrecheck.com

Uninstall Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security or Norton Security on Mac

1 reply

I-mac is being hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.