Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra no boot but fixed

I've been running HS for about a week and no major issues. This morning when booting up all I get is the progress bar and then stall. Tried to boot from my external HS clone and same thing. Then tried a boot using my old saved Sierra external drive and no issues. Then used Disk Utilities and Repair disc, errors found, fixed on both discs and now both HS drives work normal. I find this very strange because i have not added any Apps or made any file changes over the last two weeks. Why now boot failure with HS is anyone's guess. Guess the Repair Disc program works.

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:06 AM

3 replies

Dec 11, 2017 9:43 AM in response to tbirdvet

It was a 'clone'

Had you stay logged in all the time like I DO,

User uploaded file

or had you been powering off and on daily?

OR, it could be like what happened on one of my first MB's was that there were several things going bad on the computer and it corrupted the working system.

I wouldn't worry about an occasional strange thing, I'd be more concerned when things happen more steady. Do what you can do, and occasionally reboot if you leave it on all the time, and it doesn't hurt to power off occasionally or once and while flush your pram or boot into safe boot... booting into safe boot (holding SHIFT while booting) is probably one of the best - once a month or every week whatever your protocol and usage dictates - routines.

High Sierra no boot but fixed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.