Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro Freezes after format & fresh install from all different sources possible

My macbook pro of late 2013, retina display, started freezing at user login out of sudden(i would put my password, the loading bar would start and stop at around 80%. It would only open at safe mode - So i tried:

1. restoring from the time machine

i would put my password, the loading bar would start and stop at around 80%.

2. Checking my disk for errors at the recovery console

3. Reinstalling the OS

4. Reinstalling the OS from Internet Recovery

5. Formated my ssd, reinstalled the os from internet

The system would get stuck at grey screen with mouse on the top left corner - i couldnt even create a user

6. Reinstalled the OS from after downloading from safe mode

The system would get stuck at grey screen with mouse on the top left corner - i couldnt even create a user

7. Formatted my ssd, reinstalled the os from a bootable usb

8. Formatted my ssd, installed the factory OS(the one that the mac came - OSX)

Could create the user, the system woulf freeze after two seconds or sometimes even while typing the new user name

9. Formatted my ssd with the legacy file system, installed the factory OS

Could create the user, the system woulf freeze after two seconds or sometimes even while typing the new user name

Everytime - Safemode works!

It can not be a hardware issues considering that safemode works without any issues and I do not trust the shop because they would just say - hdd or ram doesn't work and cost me an arm and a leg and that CAN NOT be it!

Any recommendations on what to do next?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), tried it with macOS X as well

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:26 AM

There are no replies.

Mac Pro Freezes after format & fresh install from all different sources possible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.