Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.13.2 broke the keychain functionality on my iMac. Network passwords are being refused. AFP and SMB.

Having just run the installer for the 10.13.2 update, I am locked out of Apple Mail proxy, and denied access to network usage because the stored keychain passwords are being refused. Any thoughts? Other than restoring 10.13.1 from my last Time Machine backup.....

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, MID 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:27 AM

4 replies

Dec 12, 2017 12:28 PM in response to i_rina

Thank you for your response i_rina. However my issue is not with iCloud keychain, but my local internal proxy passwords. We don't use iCloud for anything. It's not even turned on. As soon as I updated to 10.13.2, the passwords stored in local keychains no longer function and the stored credentials are being refused by our internal corporate proxy server. I've since restored my iMac to 10.13.1 because this is immediately unacceptable. I am completely isolated from email, as well as internal server access. I have access to my local Mac network (AFP), but nothing that requires any higher level of credentials. The company's PC network, if you will. I have no specific need to update to 10.13.2. Only that I am tasked with Apple IT for the smallish creative team, and finding what breaks when updates are installed is part and parcel of the job.

10.13.2 broke the keychain functionality on my iMac. Network passwords are being refused. AFP and SMB.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.