Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Will i get warranty in India if I buy iphone X 256 gb from US?

Tell me the details as to what needs to be done to get warranty benefits in india. Iphone X 256 gb silver

Posted on

Dec 11, 2017 9:47 AM in response to madra31 In response to madra31

But as per november 2017 news the news is different in india. Here i attach the link please go through. I want to verify directly from apple therefore asking for help.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/tech/apple-introduces-international-warranty-for-iph ones-in-india-but-there-s-a-catch/story-BNh49JkdKVL4LWiJoDTB7N_amp.html

Dec 11, 2017 9:47 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 9:51 AM in response to OindrilaTaj In response to OindrilaTaj

OK, someone wrote an article, but it's not from Apple directly, so I would not trust spending that much money to return to India and find you have no warranty. On Apple's website the warranty has not been updated to reflect any change for phones purchased outside the US for use in India. Buyer beware is appropriate.

Dec 11, 2017 9:51 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 11, 2017 10:21 AM in response to OindrilaTaj In response to OindrilaTaj

OindrilaTaj wrote:

Not just one article. There are many.

Anyways can anyone tell warranty covers what what

Really doesn't matter how many news or blog posts you can find that say something. The only thing that does matter is the actual manufacturers warranty terms themselves, which you can read right here at Apple's web site - Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

And, just as it always has, the warranty for an iPhone includes the caveat:

IMPORTANT RESTRICTION FOR iPHONE, iPAD AND APPLE TV SERVICE.

Apple may restrict warranty service for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device.

Nothing about the current warranty has changed. And the terms in that linked document are what determines whether you get service or not - not what somebody posts online anywhere. Bottom line is Apple has always, and still does, has the right to refuse warranty service on an iPhone outside of the country of original sale.

Dec 11, 2017 10:21 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: OindrilaTaj

Question: Will i get warranty in India if I buy iphone X 256 gb from US?