Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update Bootcamp Assistant

I have a Macbook Air 2015 just updated to High Sierra 10.13.2 from 10.12.5, but my bootcamp assistant is an older version even after the High Sierra update. It still asks me to plug in a USB with Windows 8 when I know for a fact that the newer bootcamp assistant can allow you to browse to a local ISO file and supports up to Windows 10.

So my question is how can I update my bootcamp assistant so that it takes a local ISO file of Windows 10, and does not require a USB.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 8:40 AM

6 replies

Dec 11, 2017 8:47 AM in response to Felix333

Felix333 wrote:

It still asks me to plug in a USB with Windows 8 when I know for a fact that the newer bootcamp assistant can allow you to browse to a local ISO file and supports up to Windows 10.

This logic is driven by your Mac model identifier. Can you post the Model Identifier from About This Mac -> System Report?

How to update Bootcamp Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.