Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Green Line, then completely unresponsive.

I picked up my Iphone X on Friday (Three days ago) and loved everything about it, but like any new technology there can be some hiccups and here's one I've had.

Yesterday morning my Iphone started displaying a Bright green line on the right side of the screen. It was maybe a few lines wide, but the intensity of the green seemed to be at its maximum. I made an appointment as soon as I saw it, and the Apple team on the phone was great to deal with, although he mentioned that they were not aware of the issue despite a quick googling showing exactly what was happening to me. He was quick to acknowledge what he googled and described what he saw on google as exactly as what I was seeing.

This morning I tapped my phone and the screen was looking funny. It was greyed and pale, and looked like it was missing some of the colours it was trying to display. Black parts of pictures looked off as well as there seemed to be spaces where the screen had blocks of unresponsive cells. Then there was a bright flash on the screen as if it was trying to recover from something (Not a spark or anything, just the screen went very bright), Then after the flash the screen had an obvious tint of pale green all over it. After a couple/three more of these cycles the screen when black and it has become completely unresponsive. Everything but the screen seems to work on the phone as verified on my Apple watch. The taptic still works on the mute stitch and when called it does vibrate as expected.

I have my appointment tonight to hopefully have it replaced, however I wanted to document the challenge here in case anyone else sees the same challenge.

iPhone X, iOS 11.2, null

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:02 AM

There are no replies.

Green Line, then completely unresponsive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.