Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send or receive photos in Messages since 11.2

I used to be able to send and receive photos in Messages fine for a long time. Since the 11.2 update from 10.3 (or whatever it was) I can't send of receive photos. If I try to send I just get the red ! and Not Delivered. I've tried various settings in the Messages control area to no avail. Also, when I updated, I updated Verizon carrier settings as requested. I've powered the phone (6s) down etc. too. No joy. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 10:56 AM

I figured it out. Somehow during the update Cellular Data had been turned off by itself - it was in plain sight but I didn't think it would change during an update. I should have checked there but at no time during previous updates has that happened. So all appears to be well again. And I learned something along the way, I never really knew the reason for the blue and green text bubbles in Messages ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 10:56 AM in response to Leanne_68

I figured it out. Somehow during the update Cellular Data had been turned off by itself - it was in plain sight but I didn't think it would change during an update. I should have checked there but at no time during previous updates has that happened. So all appears to be well again. And I learned something along the way, I never really knew the reason for the blue and green text bubbles in Messages ...

Dec 12, 2017 7:51 AM in response to azmilt

Hello azmilt,
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble sending photos in iMessage, and I have some information that may help.
Have a look at the article below for some helpful troubleshooting steps. It refers to sending messages in general, but may help with sending photos as well.
If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
If you run into any trouble, or if the symptoms persist, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Can't send or receive photos in Messages since 11.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.