Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: IOS 11.2 update causing heat up and reboot

Hello All, Starting early this morning (I noticed it at around 5 am) my phone started getting hot and giving a dial with a small buzz which repeated itself every minute or so, which woke me up. When I noticed the phone was really hot I shut it off went back to sleep.

This morning when I turned the phone back on instantly it started heating up again and in a min started showing the loading dial. First instinct I wanted to get a backup of the phone. When I connected to my PC itunes asked me if I wanted to do IOS update. I took the backup and turned the phone off which was heating up a lot again. After the download was done I've update my phone and then the problem went away.

I am assuming the issue was caused by iPhone trying to get the update downloaded and it failed and tried to re-download it and getting stuck in a loop. Which in the end caused the phone to over heat up.

My phone was on the latest version before hand.

iPhone 7, iOS 11

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

The way I solved it was actually doing the update. Then after reboot it went away.

Posted on

User profile for user: drewex

Question: IOS 11.2 update causing heat up and reboot