Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts won't delete

iTunes 12.7.2.58

Why won't podcasts delete? I prefer to download podcasts rather than stream them. Suddenly iTunes has displayed all of the shows from a subscribed podcast going back years with the cloud icon. I have marked these rogue episodes as "Played" and in settings set them to be removed within 24 hours. It is now 48 hours and they still remain begging to be downloaded. How do I get these unwanted episodes off my screen?

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2), 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Dec 11, 2017 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2017 5:35 PM

Hi Sweejak!

I understand that you're concerned that you're seeing old podcast episodes with a cloud icon next to them, and I'm happy to help. It is expected behavior for older episodes to be shown in the manner that you describe. When it says that the episodes will be deleted, it is referring to any episodes that have actually been downloaded as opposed to being available for download. The cloud icon means the podcast is not downloaded to the computer, rather that it is available to be downloaded or streamed.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2017 5:35 PM in response to Sweejak

Hi Sweejak!

I understand that you're concerned that you're seeing old podcast episodes with a cloud icon next to them, and I'm happy to help. It is expected behavior for older episodes to be shown in the manner that you describe. When it says that the episodes will be deleted, it is referring to any episodes that have actually been downloaded as opposed to being available for download. The cloud icon means the podcast is not downloaded to the computer, rather that it is available to be downloaded or streamed.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Jan 24, 2018 12:10 PM in response to sinceBeforeAppleHadDiskDrives

Which build of iTunes are you running? iTunes 12.7.3.46 came out yesterday and may or may not help if you're not already running it. Download from https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ as some country specific pages are still serving 12.7.2, and in some cases claim to be delivering 12.7.1 in error.

Another user recently reported problems deleting episodes that went away after a reboot. 😕

tt2

Podcasts won't delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.